Monday, February 7, 2011

Young Author Stories

During the month of January, we worked really hard putting all our creative writing skills to good use.
We brainstormed, drafted, edited, revised, typed, edited and revised some more, and PUBLISHED!

I am SO proud of this class.  They really devoted a lot of time and effort into creating awesome stories.
They are ALL winners in my book! :)
Some of the titles included...

Hamster with a Monkey Tail
The World I Never Knew
Tily the Dog
Dino Gets Tricked
Engen the Kitten
The Magical Cake
Paparazzi
Fish Bully
The Magic Legos
Barnyard
Haily and Her Puppies
Agent, You’ve Got a Problem
Lucky Me
The Adventure
Case of the Stolen Files
The Final Battle
The Giving Easel
The Mystical Lollipop Package
Crime Scene Investigation
How Bob Saved His Friends
Justice

Boys sharing their stories

Girls sharing their stories


The stories then competed against all the other stories written by fourth graders at Gardner Elementary.
Only six stories could be selected to move on to the Young Authors Conference.
Talk about TOUGH competition!

TWO winners came from our classroom!  Incredible!
Congratulations to the authors of these two stories. 

Have fun at the conference!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Benny and Dawson Won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't WIN! :(

Anonymous said...

I read Benny's story and it is awesome.


Super Cheese

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome! It gave me lots of ideas for next years young author.I am so happy for them. That is cool. I bet you will like the conference. IT cool trust me.
Sunny 58