Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Craft

Here's my idea for our Tuesday craft:  It's an updated spin on the traditional gingerbread house!  Students simply frost an inverted ice cream cone and decorate the cone with small candies to resemble a Christmas tree!

I'll bring in some supplies, but if the students could also pitch in - we'll have plenty to have a creative and fun time.

Supplies needed: 
green icing (or white and I can add food coloring)
sugar cones 
plastic silverware (especially knives and spoons)
plates, bowls, napkins, paper towels
little candies (m&ms, skittles, smarties, etc)
(Donations brought in on Monday 
(or an email/note letting me know what you're bringing) 
would be appreciated so I know what I still need to purchase Monday evening for Tuesday.  Thank you.)

Frosted Christmas Trees… MUST remember this idea next Christmas!

frostedChristmas trees

idea came from this website: http://kindercraze.com/2013/12/my-frosted-classroom-christmas-party/

No comments: